Monday, January 28, 2008

One step closer to locking!

Saturday was my sisterlock consultation. I drove to Baltimore and met my consultant for the first time. We watched the sisterlocks video, and I asked alot of questions about what to expect, the average locking time, whether or not I should color my hair before locking (she advised against it...noooo!), looked at her portfolio, etc. I really liked my consultant she seems like a very nice lady and is very knowledgeable about sisterlocks. She put about 6 test locs in my hair, three in the front and three in the back. They are sooo tiny!

Pics of my test locks:


I scheduled my locking session for Feb. 10th and 11th...woo hoo! My consultant is a very busy lady! Her calendar was full for the whole month of February (with the exception of the 10th and 11th) as well as March. I might have to schedule out my retightenings for the rest of the year at this rate! I'm soooo excited!

2 comments:

Amba said...

Hi,
I just stumbled across your blog and want to say congrats -it's exciting that you will soon be joining the Sisterlocks family. My you sure have a head full of hair!!! I'm inclined to weep along with your family for cutting of that lovely length but as you say it will definitely grow back again. I look forward to reading more of your journey as it progresses. Blessings.

Maryee said...

Congrats on your upcoming locking session. If you're like most of us, you're counting down to the minute! Looking forward to seeing your journey home to Sisterlocks!