Monday, January 28, 2008

Now you see the hair...now you don't!

Through my research of sisterlocks, I learned about how these tiny locs could look so great and be styled so many different ways. But I also learned about the hefty price tag! Being that I had about 12 inches of thick hair I could only imagine how much it would cost. Thats when I decided to make the big chop! Some of you might think that I am being really cheap but I would rather cut my hair and save $300. This is because:
1) I have cut my hair off before, I already know how I look so it should be no big shocker
2) My hair grows pretty fast so it will come back
3) It is so much easier to comb and wash my short hair. I might as well enjoy these last times before the locs. With longer hair, it took me about 2 hours to wash and comb out my hair. With my short do, it takes about 30 min.

Although I did not mind cutting my hair, unfortunately my fiance`, friends and family did not feel the same way. I guess no one likes to see long hair go, so no one wanted me to cut it. But you know what, all of those people that complained did not have to help me comb my long thick mane and would not be compensating me with the extra $300 it would cost to keep it. So I made the cut. Here are some before and after pics:

Before the cut:





After the cut:


My hair is now exactly 6 inches. Not so bad... We'll see how it looks when the locks are put in!

2 comments:

Maryee said...

You are gonna love your locks! Your hair is going to grow pretty fast, so get ready for a fantastic voyage!

Naturalist1 said...

How you have alot of hair.