Saturday, January 10, 2009

Back from the dead! 11th month retightening

So I've been really busy over the last 5 months and I really haven't had the time to come on here and update my blog.  I've been busy trying to finish up my classes and working.  I'm coming up on my 1 year lock anniversary very soon and I can't believe the time has flown so fast!  Next month will be 1 year since I was locked.  Here is an update on my hair.  Its doing pretty well.  I have definitely noticed the growth since I first started.  My hair is still curly on the ends, I guess as they continue to mature that will go away.  There are also some locks that have developed small holes over time but my consultant closed a lot of them this past retightening yesterday. 

Overall, I am still very pleased with my locks.  I definitely love them more than when I first started.  I haven't had any major problems so far.  I am still going to get my hair retightened because I think right now I'm too lazy and I don't have enough time to learn how to do it myself. This past retightening was VERY expensive because I had to go to another consultant to get my hair retightened the time before and it wasn't retightened very well.  The retightening took a surprisingly short amount of time and I noticed after I left the place that my roots weren't as tight as they should have been.  Therefore I payed the price this time when I went back to my regular consultant.  It took an hour and a half longer than it normally takes because there was a lot of hair that needed to be tightened.  Needless to say, I was really upset!  I definitely paid for the time and money I saved at the last retightening at this retightening.  Oh well, I guess I won't be going back to that consultant again! 

Here are current pictures of my hair.
  

6 comments:

Caramel Princess said...

I think your hair is just gorgeous! I am a blog stalker at the moment...lol! I am getting my locs installed 2/21/09. The thing that caught my eye was your sisterlocks certificate. I am having my locs installed by the same loctitian!...I thought that was pretty crazy considering the gajillion sisterloc blogs on the internet. I live in the columbia, md area. Anyway, I started a blog myself and can't wait to start adding photos and becoming more a part of the community. Wish me luck!

OhHellNaw said...

Your hair looks sooo gorgeous! I'm really considering getting Sisterlocks, and I live in D.C, so right now I'm transitioning. Ur hair is soo lovely

Maryee said...

Pretty!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi,
I am hoping to meet with your consultant in less than two weeks. I would love to chat with you if you have a moment. I live in MD as well and will be going for my consultation then. I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks!
CJ

Unknown said...

Hi,
One small detail...
cgenevieve123@yahoo.com
Thanks,
CJ

divalovesyou1 said...

I like!! Your hair is gorgeous!! You should blog more often... I'm getting my sisterlocs installed on 8/29 & 8/30 I too have very thick hair but a bit shorter than yours. I can't wait for you to post more pics!!