Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Lockin it up...All Done!

Today was the second and final day of my locking session. It was very long (and somewhat painful because I am tenderheaded). Both my consultant and I breathed a sigh of relief when it was complete. I am now officially a member of the sisterlocks community (Yay)! It took a total of 18 hours (over two days) to install my sisterlocks. I am very pleased with the result. My consultant, Sharonne Jackson-Little, did an awesome job. When she was finished installing the locs, she wet my hair down so that I could freestyle it. My hair has shrunk up alot but its still cute. I can't to start playing with it. Here are the final pics.



My hair is so thick you can't see any parts or anything!
I scheduled my "check up" visit for about 2 weeks from now so my consultant can make sure that my locks are coming along fine. Boy was it hard to get on her schedule! She is one busy lady! But I was able to schedule in my 1st and 2nd retightening for now. Stay tuned for more pics to come!

14 comments:

Ms. LJ said...

Welcome to the Sisterlocks community! Your hair looks wonderful. This is one journey that I hope you will find as wonderful and fulfilling as I have mine.
Guess what? You've been tagged!
I'm not sure if you're new to the idea, so to refresh your memory about the rules of being tagged, please visit my blog at http://treklocs.blogspot.com

Amina said...

Well, it looks beautiful! I started with about 10" of hair myself. It took FOREVER! So I completely understand. If I had to do it over, I would cut my hair too. Can't wait to see more of your story!

Valenciajaz said...

Welcome to the family! Girl, your locks are so beautifully full and thick. Imagine that no parts showing after the install. When your girls grown up and mature they are gonna the poster children for Sisterlocks.

Lakia said...

She did a great job, your hair looks fabulous!

Kisha said...

Your hair is gorgeous! Your hair is so full and healthy. You will love your hair more and more every day. Enjoy the journey.

Naturalist1 said...

Congratulations. Your locs look so pretty and thick. You will definitely enjoy the journey

DJT said...

I love the thickness of your hair....it looks wondeerful

NappTown said...

Welcome to the family. Your locks are so cute. You have that thick hair that does really well with sisterlocks. Can't wait to see the progression.

Ebonygirl said...

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments! Stay tuned for the journey ahead!

Tyshea said...

Your sisterlocks look beuatiful....thats how I am hoping mine look when I get mine installed. Consult is setup...now I just am dying to know the price....hopefully its not an arm and a leg...If you dont mind round about what was your price for your sisterlocks. Here's the link to my blog come check me out on my sisterlock journey too. Can't wait to see updates.

Tyshea
http://nappty1.blogspot.com/

sunsail said...

Yaaaay!!! Your hair looks awesome!! IT really did shrink, oh my goodness!

Maryee said...

Looking good! You are off to a great start! Your locks looks so shiny and healthy!

SeZ said...

You look so free and happy congrads on starting your locking journey.

ckreneb said...

ur hair is gor-geous! i just completed my sisterlocks 2 days ago & i am loving it too.